Sidace Project, Ontario
View Interactive Property Maps
- Advanced gold exploration project with deposit featuring 3 high-grade zones
- Over 80,000 m of drilling, including a highly successful 2021 program that expanded both targeted zones in every direction.
- 8,600 hectare property is located at the northern extent of the Red Lake Greenstone Belt. Sidace is adjacent to the Bateman gold project that was acquired in May, 2021, by Evolution Mining.
- Sidace is a joint venture with Evolution Mining, the senior producer in Red Lake (Pacton: 46.7% / Evolution: 53.3%). Pacton is the current operator.
- Visit our news section for information on recent results, as well as current/upcoming drilling.
About the Sidace Project
The Sidace Project is located 28 km north east of Red Lake, at the northern extent of the Red Lake Greenstone Belt (figure 1). The property is underlain by a north east trending belt of felsic to mafic metavolcanics and intercalated sediments which have been intruded by granitic batholiths. Mineralization is associated with quartz veining and silicification. Sidace is an advanced gold project with more than 80,000 meters of drilling.
2020/2021 Exploration Program
Pacton Gold acted as Operator for the winter drill program which completed 11,575 meters of drilling in 18 holes. The program focused on extending the three main mineralized zones on the Sidace Project: Main Discovery Zone (“MDZ”), Upper Duck Zone (“UDZ”) and Anderson Zone. Drilling was successful, with 17 of 18 holes intersecting gold mineralization.
Main Discovery Zone (“MDZ”); A “z-shaped” mineralised body of folded metavolcanics, with a tested strike length of 300 meters and depth of 400 meters. Gold is associated with deformed quartz veinlets. The 2020/2021 drill program successfully extended the zone along strike and at depth.
Upper Duck Zone (“UDZ”); Gold is associated with silicified sections of iron formation. Mineralized units have been traced for more than 1.4 kilometers of total strike length. Drilling has extended the UDZ along strike and down plunge to the north.
Anderson Lake; This zone hosts gold mineralization in skarn, as well as in sheared ultramafics.